The TM4L distribution files include everything you need to run the Editor or the Viewer except the Java Runtime Environment (Java JRE or SDK, version 1.5 ). For TM4L 1.4 there is also a version available using Java 1.4.
DOWNLOAD TM4L Editors
Java 1.5 Version 2.0 (08/11/08)
Java 1.5 Version 1.0 (03/27/06)
Java 1.4 Version 1.0 (03/03/06)
- ***TM4L is now in SourceForge: https://sourceforge.net/projects/tm4l-plugins/ ***
- 08/11/2008: Conversion XTM-RDF and RDF-XTM enhanced (see the Balisage'08 paper).
- 04/02/2008: Plugin "Extract images from directory" Included.
- 02/19/2008: TM4L Editor interface translated in Thai.
- 01/28/2008: Bug in UTF-8 coding fixed.
- 01/23/2008: Bug in the topic map visualization fixed.
- 12/11/2007: TM4L Editor interface translated in Hungarian.
- 10/31/2007: TM4L Editor interface translated in Russian.
- 10/08/2007: XTM2RDF and RDF2XTM conversion added. Please try it and send us your suggestions/feedback.
- 09/01/2007: TM4L Editor 2.0 released. Note: compatibility with v. 1.0 is not guaranteed due to TM4L migration to TMAPI. New features include querying capabilities, visual topic map editing, and more.
- 08/25/2007: TM4L Editor interface translated in Danish and Bulgarian.
- 02/27/06: TM4L Editor interface is translated in a couple of languages including Spanish, Chinese (Traditional and Simplified), Japanese, German, French, and Nepali. For information about how to change the language, please refer to the TM4L User Guide in the Resource page on this site.
Installation and Help
Unzip the package and run it by double clicking run.bat (on Windows) or run.sh (on Unix). For more information about using the TM4L Editor and Viewer please refer to the Resource page on this site, which contains user guides. After unzipping the packages, in the created doc directory you will also find the user guide for the Editor/Viewer.
We will appreciate it if you inform us about your interest in TM4L and downloading it. Please let us know of any problems, inaccuracies, or bugs in the software by sending an email to email@example.com.
Our thanks for the provided translation into the following languages go to:
- Thai: NAiST Lab, Kasetsart University, Bangkok, Thailand (co-ordinated by Dr. Asanee Kawtrakul, Lab Head)
- Hungarian: Zoltan Kovacs, DEKUT Research and Innovation NPO, Hungary
- Russian: Vasily Churanov, Moscow State University of Culture and Arts, Russia
- Danish: Lars Johnsen, University of Southern Denmark, Denmark
- Spanish: Maria Jesús Colmenero Ruiz, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain
- Chinese Simplified: Dandan Wang, Winston-Salem State University, USA
- Chinese Traditional: Sophia Shu-Shyan Chang, National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan
- French: Frederic Andres, National Institute of Informatics (NII), Japan
- German: Isabelle Kern, University of Applied Sciences for Business Administration, Zurich, Switzerland surprise Jan Fisher, University of Karlsruhe, Germany
- Japanese: Motomu Naito, Knowledge Synergy Inc., Japan; Frederic Andres, National Institute of Informatics (NII), Japan
- Nepali: Sachit Rajbhandari, Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok, Thailand
If you are interested in translating the TM4L Editor interface in another language please contact us and we will send the language properties files to you.